Part number of skid plate?

Die Mutter dieses Forums.
Antworten
Gast

Part number of skid plate?

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi all,

I am a Freewind rider from Singapore. There are only less than 10 units of Freewind in Singapore as it is not a popular parallel imported bike. Therefore, it is not easy to get parts for the bike.

I need to order the original aluminium skid plate but I do not have the Parts Catalogue. Do anyone of you know the part number?

Thanks for anyone who is kind enough to translate my message for me too.

Regards,
chan

Note to moderator: I had initially registered my membership under the name chan & email chan_asia@yahoo.com. But I don't understand German & clicked on "below 12 yrs old"! can you please removed this membership so that I can re register with my email. I am currently using company email. Thanks.
Pfälzer
Profi
Profi

Re: Part number of skid plate?

Beitrag von Pfälzer »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Hi all,

I am a Freewind rider from Singapore. There are only less than 10 units of Freewind in Singapore as it is not a popular parallel imported bike. Therefore, it is not easy to get parts for the bike.

I need to order the original aluminium skid plate but I do not have the Parts Catalogue. Do anyone of you know the part number?

Thanks for anyone who is kind enough to translate my message for me too.

Regards,
chan

Note to moderator: I had initially registered my membership under the name chan & email chan_asia@yahoo.com. But I don't understand German & clicked on "below 12 yrs old"! can you please removed this membership so that I can re register with my email. I am currently using company email. Thanks.
@all: Hat jemand die Suzuki-Partnummer vom Alu-Motorschutz für den Kollegen Chan aus Singapur? Bitte hier posten :!:

@andreas oder haifisch: Bitte Anmeldung von Mr. Chan ändern! Er versichert u.a. auch glaubhaft über 12 Jahre alt zu sein! :mrgreen:

und schiebt den Beitrag in den richtigen Topic! :roll:
andreas
Spezialist
Spezialist

skid plate?

Beitrag von andreas »

bsit Du sicher das er mit "skid plate" den Alu-Motorschutz meint?
Winerider
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von Winerider »

Wenn Alu-Motorschutz die Platte unter dem Motor bezeichnet, bin ich ziemlich sicher das dies skid plate bedeutet.

Now to our friend from Singapore: we are presently discussing if what we think you are asking for is really the plate which is situated below the engine protecting it against dirt and stones from below.
chan
ganz neu hier
ganz neu hier

Alu-Motoschutz

Beitrag von chan »

Thanks everybody for getting me on the right track in this forum.

Yes, the skid plate I'm refering to is Alu-Motorschutz. Maybe I should explain why I wanted the part number.

This '97 Freewind was recently bought on behalf of my friend, I am only a co-rider as my friend is out of the country most of the time, so I'll ride the Freewind when he is away.

For myself, I am riding DR650SE, Africa Twin & R1100GS. As you all know, the DR650SE shares the same engine as Freewind, & I want to fix the Freewind Alu-Motorschutz onto my DR. I already have an off-rd 4mm thick alu skid plate but the problem is it reflects the engine sound & makes it very noisy. Also, I had fixed the main stand(Hauptstander) from Five Stars, so now the skid plate cannot be fitted anymore unless I do some modification & cut off the rear section of the skid plate.

After testing the Freewind skid plate on the DR, I'd confirm that it fits perfectly as the lower frame of both bikes are the same, I just need to weld 4 pieces of brackets for the 4 mounting screws on the DR's frame. The Freewind skid plate fits on the DR exactly but will not interfere with the Five Stars main stand, it does not reflect the engine noise too. The Freewind skid plate is very nice too as it wraps around the curves of the engine.

So now I need the part number so that I can order it. Do you know the price as well?
Winerider
Benutzer
Benutzer

Beitrag von Winerider »

The skid plate costs here in Germany the hurtful amount of € 258,78 :sad: :twisted: Unfortunately did my unhelpful dealer refuse to give me the part number (he must earn so much, that he wants to do the business...). If I were you, I would look for a place to build me such a piece. I can give you the address of a company selling tools for milling and drilling...

Engann (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
Block 22, Boon Keng Road #01-41
Singapore
Tel [65] 2-967221, Fax [65] 2-967589

However - I am not sure if a skid plate really can cost that much :shock:
Have a look here:
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Brand/S ... 0Plate.htm - the´ve got one for US$ 69,95 which should serve your purpose.
chan
ganz neu hier
ganz neu hier

Beitrag von chan »

The price is not only hurtful, it makes me faint! Can't imagine a piece of 2mm alu to cost so much.

I've noticed that prices of Honda parts here in Singapore are about 30% cheaper than Europe, but this is only for models made in Japan. For parts that's for European models(e.g. Varadero, Dominator, Transalp 650 & Deauville that's made in Honda Italy & Spain), it'll be much more expensive.

I am not sure about Suzuki, is Freewind manufactured in the EU or made in Japan? If it's made in Japan, I should be able to order the skid plate in S'pore & pay less than half the price your dealer quoted. As Freewind is a parallel imported model here, it's difficult to get parts. DR650 is brought in by Suzuki dealer so parts are quite easy to get.

The main reason why I want the Freewind skid plate is because it'll not reflect engine sound towards the rider, unlike most after market skid plates. The OEM DRSE skid plate do not reflect sound too but that's because it is very small & doesn't protect the engine sump much anyway.

The Dual Star is not bad as it can be fitted even with a main stand, but freight from US cost about half the price of the skid plate itself.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I still hope to get the part number.
Antworten