Die Mutter dieses Forums.
Antworten
MDN91
schaut sich noch um
schaut sich noch um

Mounting a USB charger

Beitrag von MDN91 »

Hi guys,
I want to mount a USB charger for my phone, and I was wondering if you are aware of any spare switched plugs/wires on our bike? Or do I have to mount a relay?
Bruce
schaut sich noch um
schaut sich noch um

Re: Mounting a USB charger

Beitrag von Bruce »

Hi MDN91.

Here is one of many ways to connect externals.

If the usb-port (converted 5V max. 1 Amp) is used only for charging your phone, I would connect it to the gray cable (illuminating) from the speedometer.
In case you intend to use the port for more than just charging you phone, in example a coffee maker, hair dryer or whatever, I suggest a separate fused cable from the battery, switched by a relay which receives the signal from the o.m. gray cable.

I hope this will be useful.

Did you peeked in to the wiring diagram?
There are many solutions.
Try at your own risk.
The sky is the limit.
Wo mit ich unterwegs bin:
Suzuki XF 650 Freewind Bj. '99
Suzuki GSF 1200 Bj. '01
Piaggio MP3 400 Bj. '11
MDN91
schaut sich noch um
schaut sich noch um

Re: Mounting a USB charger

Beitrag von MDN91 »

Bruce hat geschrieben: 23. Jul 2023, 19:58 Hi MDN91.

Here is one of many ways to connect externals.

If the usb-port (converted 5V max. 1 Amp) is used only for charging your phone, I would connect it to the gray cable (illuminating) from the speedometer.
In case you intend to use the port for more than just charging you phone, in example a coffee maker, hair dryer or whatever, I suggest a separate fused cable from the battery, switched by a relay which receives the signal from the o.m. gray cable.

I hope this will be useful.

Did you peeked in to the wiring diagram?
There are many solutions.
Try at your own risk.
The sky is the limit.
Thanks for your advice! I was just wondering if we had a spare live plug somewhere, like on the DR 650's apparently have - it seems we don't, so i'll probably just do a relay, for peace in mind 😊
Antworten