Suzuki XF650 Freewind Custom Project ( UK )

Die Mutter dieses Forums.
Antworten
xe0n
ganz neu hier
ganz neu hier

Suzuki XF650 Freewind Custom Project ( UK )

Beitrag von xe0n »

Heya

I thought Id share the build that I am currently working on as its all work in progress right now. In a nut shell the bike is a 1998 Suzuki XF650 Freewind that I have had for a few years now, I picked it up with 7k miles on the clock for £450 after it had sat in a shed for 10+ years without being used and unfortunately not drained of fluids for long term storage!, was a bit of a nightmare getting it all setup. My one has the VTV system totally removed from the carbs from a modification on a German forum that I found some time back.

I was going to keep the old stock look and fix up the fairings etc but decided id rather pull all that away and play about with recreating its look. - I have some bits arriving soon like a KOSO digital clock to replace the now Zip tied stock clock, mirrors, and chain/sprocket kit plus some gaskets to fix a leaky rocker cover, suspension is also being redone and possibly considering putting aftermarket springs in (would that make much difference???). Could get the stock tank hydro dipped in some crazy graphics or something if I decided to keep that style....

Anyway, this is the link to a short walk around in its current state, (remember work in progress! - but please share any ideas! )

https://youtu.be/U62Zaev_bNA

I am tempted to do a youtube video on the wiring of the KOSO digital clock, the unit I went for is the KOSO DB-01R with 6 magnets for the KOSO speed sensor, the rest will be reverse engineering the stock plug with the suzuki wiring diagram and splicing the KOSO plug onto this to save totally destroying the stock plug IF I decided to revert back and/or use the KOSO on another bike.

Bild

This is the work in progress "after" (I have all the original fairings kept safe)

Bild

Bild
EinLangerNickName
Profi
Profi

Re: Suzuki XF650 Freewind Custom Project ( UK )

Beitrag von EinLangerNickName »

So..it isnt done, right?
xe0n
ganz neu hier
ganz neu hier

Beitrag von xe0n »

EinLangerNickName hat geschrieben:So..it isnt done, right?
Nope. Not yet anyway. I just thought it may be of interest to someone who may think of doing something similar. Saying that, I may have upset some owners who would never do such a thing to the bike :shock: :shock:

If it was not for the fairings being so expensive over in the UK I would have restored to the original look but unfortunately I am not made of money :lol: :oops:

I will keep updating over on the Thumper Forum and if anyone over this side wants any update I shall post. Sorry if I offended anyone.... :?
EinLangerNickName
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von EinLangerNickName »

xe0n hat geschrieben: Sorry if I offended anyone.... :?
You didn't, i'd really appreciate an update :)
Steff
Profi
Profi

Beitrag von Steff »

Nice!

But i'm not very big fan of the dounle lense headlights :mrgreen:

I'm about to transform my Freewind into a Coffee Racer.

So i'm going to follow your thread (:
Antworten