Die Mutter dieses Forums.
Antworten
Dodgydave78
ganz neu hier
ganz neu hier

Freewind wont accelerate past 60mph??

Beitrag von Dodgydave78 »

Hi,

A problem has developed with my freewind. It starts no problem but has very slow acceleration and won't go past 60 mph even on full throttle. Sometimes after about 10km it works and I have full power again but problem comes back next day/ride.

I have stripped and cleaned carb, jets , tank and filters. Am I missing something?

Thanks Dave
(Scotland)
AoS
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Freewind wont accelerate past 60mph??

Beitrag von AoS »

I'm at a loss there. You've checked all the things I would've checked.

The fuel system would be the safest bet. Have you cleaned the fuel filter in the pipe to the carbs? It's often overlooked because it is rather small, you can only see a yellow ring in the pipe when you remove the fuel line from the pet cock to the carbs. Are the membranes of the carbs ok? Are the small channels in the carbs all open? What about the air filter? Do the throttle cables move fully? Does the choke mechanism work properly, especially the link on the carbs? Have you tried to run the bike using the "pri" setting on the pet cock?

Have you adjusted the valve clearance and inspected the spark plugs?

Also make sure that it is not a vibration related electrical issue: Inspect all connectors on the ignition system, to the battery, and the main fuse.
Schönste Freewind der Welt:
http://www.lucasmatic.de
Dodgydave78
ganz neu hier
ganz neu hier

As far as I can tell everything on the carb is ok... small filter is ok... I'm planning to put an inline filter on tomorrow and will do the plugs then as well.... once I've exhausted the fuel /spark side I'll check the electrics.

It's a mystery at the moment.

Thanks Dave
Dodgydave78
ganz neu hier
ganz neu hier

Hi ,

Just thought id update the post. It turned out to be over fueling caused by perished float bowl O rings, this was fixed by a carb repair kit.

Over fueling caused the plugs to become very oiled/black so they were replaced again.

It now runs perfect.

Thanks... Dave
Antworten